Well, time has flown by and we really cannot call this our November update now it is well into December! However, may we take this opportunity to wish all of you a wonderful Christmas and we hope that 2007 will be a year when you draw closer to God and see His hand more and more in your lives. That’s our prayer for us too!
So what have we been up to in November? It’s been a good month in many ways and we thank you for your ongoing prayers. Kevin had a number of sensitive meetings with staff which could have been potentially very difficult. However, God certainly helped the meetings to go much better than anticipated. The people skills needed to lead such a diverse group of people from different cultures, backgrounds and strong opinions can at times be challenging. Constantly we need to be reminded that it is not in our strength but in God’s strength and that leadership truly is a privilege. Overall, we are extremely pleased with the direction that the work in going in and in particular the sense of team unity and desire to seek God together more.
Kevin had a very rewarding trip to the Paris YWAM base along with Agnes from the team and another YWAMer from Amsterdam who is currently considering whether to join us here in Brussels. The trip was to pray and encourage the team there who have really struggled over the last few years. The French speaking world is extremely hard to reach out to in many ways and we would particularly ask you to stand with us in prayer for YWAM France. The time was especially worth while to encourage the small core of people there who are doing an amazingly job despite much opposition and are impacting over 200 children and teenagers regularly with their King’s Kids programme. After two days of constantly speaking French Kevin was also encouraged to be told he had gained a French accent… which is better than speaking French with an English accent!
Nicki has also been away, having attended the Care Centre Networks conference in the UK. “Alternatives” is affiliated to this branch of “Care” and it was encouraging to be with 400 other people working in the same line of ministry. It was extremely helpful to gain advice from other centres in similar situations as well has having some very powerful times of prayer and worship
Please pray for us over the next few weeks:
- Kevin in particular has a lot of deadlines to meet before our Christmas break (we are heading to the UK a week early to attend a family gathering in Cheshire). In particular please pray for his work on the multi-lingual website he has been working hard on. (www.ywambrussels.be, look after 1 Jan!)
- Please pray Kevin can have the time he needs with all the ministry leaders before the start of another busy year.
- Could you please pray on the 14th for the Mothers and babies Christmas party. We are expecting a lot to come and this year The Link (our church) has organised specially decorated shoe boxes filled with gifts for the women and their children. Nicki is going to give a short talk on what we believe is the true meaning of Christmas so please pray for the women, many of whom are Muslims, to be touched by God’s generous heart of compassion this Christmas.
- Pray that our Christmas holiday will be fun for everyone and that the travelling will all go smoothly. The children are very excited as you can imagine!
Our Itinerary is as follows:
- 15th-17th Dec: Head to UK for family gathering in Cheshire
- 18th-19th: visiting Friends in the North
- 20th-26th: Stroud, Glos
- 27th-1st: Plymouth
- 2nd: return to Brussels
We will attend Holy Trinity Brimscombe on Christmas Day, St Judes on Sunday 31st, and Plymouth MCH New Year party…. so…looking forward to seeing many of you then, even if briefly!
Kevin and Nicki