This summer has been a hot and hazy whirlwind for us. A great fun whirlwind! We have settled into the new house and loving living here more and more each day. It is so good to wake up so grateful for where God has placed us. We are in a friendly spot and one evening we invited some neighbours around and they all accepted! They took quite a fancy to my Belgian beer too. Fortunately Nick Woodman stopped by the next day to help replenish my supplies!
Work over the summer was a little more relaxed whilst the children have been at home. However, both Nicki and I connected to people in Woodley and are both mentoring two people each which is fun, including one young mum who Nicki had the privilege to lead in a prayer of commitment at the beginning of the summer. We have also spent time meeting one on one with the young folks from Impact, the 20’s and 30’s group that we are helping to start a fresh expression of church with. We had a curry evening at our place and one evening of open and honest sharing and learning in the local pub. We are definitely feeling a sense of bonding and community with Impact. We have now set dates for the beginning of the praying, training and planning phase for this coming autumn. My work with the National Fresh Expressions team is also developing. I am doing some writing for them as well as helping with some Trust and Grant applications. All are going well. They have published a booklet I have written on Self-Supporting Ministry (i.e. how to raise funds from donors to support yourself). I am also writing the opinion piece for the e-expressions monthly newsletter this month too see booklet and newsletter.)
A total of three weeks away at New Wine, Norfolk and Belgium and hosting of many of our friends and family, who have held off from visiting whilst we have been in the caravan, has made for a fabulous summer! Now we are looking ahead to a busy Autumn starting with the return to school for the kids tomorrow. Nicki starts her weekly after-school club for the families local to the church. We will start running our training evening for Impact on Tuesdays. The YWAM team is ramping up for a weekly series of Discipleship evenings on Mondays that we will be helping with. We will also be working towards a 24-7 prayer week in November with the Impact folks too. All in all, lots to do! In the background the Anglican application process is now chugging along smoothly, somewhat faster than glacial pace and is on track for a springtime interview.
We hope and pray that you have a good Autumn and rise above busyness of the coming month with God’s peace.
Kevin, Nicki, Sam, Ellie, Luc and Josh
- 9th Sept – First Impact meeting. Nicki starts after-school club
- 15/16 Sept – Kevin to Sheffield for Fresh Expressions meetings
- 16th Sept – After school club and Impact meeting
- 23rd Sept – After school club and Impact meeting
- 29th Sept – YWAM Reading Discipleship course starts
- 30th Sept – After school club and Impact meeting
- 6th Oct – We are teaching on “The Cross” in YWAM’s Discipleship course
- 7th Oct – After school club and Impact meeting.
- 7th – 10th Oct – Kevin to visit Belgium for YWAM Belgium board meeting and other visits
- 13th Oct – YWAM Reading Discipleship course
- 14th Oct – After school club and Impact meeting
- 20th Oct – YWAM Reading Discipleship course
- 24th – 29th Oct – Visiting Plymouth!
- 2nd – 9th Nov – 24/7 Prayer week (proposed!)